1. I only have 1 pair of flip flops. They’re black. My first pair was given to me by a college roomie and they were red, white, and blue and lasted about 6 years before that toe divider thingy busted. I miss them!
2. I have only had short hair for 1 year and it bugs me. I don’t take the time to do anything with it. Plus it’s so thick that it has to be layered which makes it hard to do anything with as well. I’m growing it out and going back to my old ways of long and loving it!
3. I met my husband at church! Ha, I can’t believe that’s our story. We were on the Youth Conference Committee together for the Sandstone Stake, but we didn’t know eachother beforehand.
4. I really like to eat Twizzlers licorice. Not RedVines or any other brand.
5. My hubby calls me Princess Cheese Puff because I really like to eat cheese. I love chocolate too, but don’t have a nickname for that one.
6. When I was little I hated that big wrinkle that everyone has going across their big toe. I never wore sandals that revealed my toes or walked around barefoot during the summer as a result.
7. I went to Western High School and my senior year I was drum major in the band, captain of the tennis team, captain of the Varsity Quiz team, President of National Honor Society, Academics editor of the year book, and on the seminary student council. I had a school uniform every day I could wear!
8. I used to chase boys in 1st grade, pin them against the chain link fence and make them kiss me.
9. My first job was a “courtesy clerk” at Smith’s grocery store. I loved that job and occassionally I got to work nonfoods and also in the bakery. Great experience.
10. I graduated from Southern Utah University with a degree in Elementary Education and came back to NV to teach. My plan was to come back and teach the whole time.
11. I was never really good at math and sometimes I hated it. My dad told me there’s no way to avoid math, so just get good at it. I minored in math in college and know that a miracle got me through Calculus 1. I even for a split sec thought I’d want to teach Jr. High pre algebra for the rest of my life.
12. I count people’s toes to make sure they have 10 little piggies! Everyone so far has had 10 piggies!
13. Our first house was a cute little orange 2 bed 2 bath house with a 2 car garage built in the 1970’s. I’d move back in a heart beat!
14. I really enjoy Memorial Day. I think decorating graves is awesome. Christmas is good too!
15- I love coupons! My mom clipped coupons and taught me all about comparison shopping and finding the price per pound. I clipped coupons in college and would share them with my roomies. They just laughed. When hubs and I become millionaires (at age 30 according to our friends) I will still clip coupons for sure!
16- I’ve had 2 c-sections which guarantees the rest will come out the same way as well.
17- I’m a graduate school drop out. I’ve taken all the classes to earn my Masters Degree in Early Childhood- Special Edcuation from UNLV, but I waited too long to go back and register for the last two classes. Some day I’ll finish.
18- My RS calling has forced me to get over being scared of strangers. I just dive in and call/ stop by/ leave my contact info for strangers/ etc. Meeting new people has become a personal goal for me I guess. It drives me nuts to not know a sister in my ward. There are a few still though I have never met.
19- I’m a bit OCD. Just ask my hubby. My kiddo has picked up on it a bit so I’ve learned to loosen up… but just a little bit.
20- I’m half Hispanic. Sure wish my mom would have taught me Spanish though!
21- I have a square freckle on my ear and so does my younger brother.
22- Lost my last tooth in high school.
23- The Cali mom with the 14 kiddos totally doesn’t bug me like it does the rest of the world. Good luck to her! Just glad it’s not me.
24- Some people like to buy clothes or shoes. I like to buy groceries and food storage! It’s a total high for me.
25- I could go on and on. I enjoy talking about myself =o)