Wow. We’re 1/2 way through the first year of life! Scrapbook- still an after thought; sitting on some store shelf in a little scrapbook store…. one of these days. Well Josh is getting pretty cute and starting to do more and more. Here’s some highlights of our milestones up to this point:
– has rolled from his back to stomach a few times and then screams, because he doesn’t know what do to
-had his bangs trimmed by Grandma N. and his hair shaved by uncle Bill. There’s still a few long strands, but his little shaved head is oh so cute
-sits in the highchair (well tries at least) wearing a bib and eats rice cereal. He opens his mouth at the sight of his spoon coming close. He really likes eating like a big kid
– has started sleeping for 7 hours straight! Hallelujah and amen to that. He goes to bed between 8-9pm, wake up a little before 5am to eat and then he’s back to bed until about 8:30. Mommy is so happy!
– loves kids and all the attention they give him. He will actually giggle for Mikey and other kiddos more than for his parents!
– went for his first swing ride and Grandma and Grandpa N’s house during Labor Day
– stares at his hand while twisting and turning it around and around
– nibbles on his toes
– according to Daddy, Josh says “I love you daddy” everyday. I beg to differ!
– babbles more than he screams thankgoodness
– grabs for hair
– likes playing peek a boo
– still in size 2 diapers
– wearing 6-9 month clothes
– goes with daddy during the 3rd hour of church
– still enjoys having his nose boogies sucked out
– puts up with Mikey’s wrestling matches
– has let Mikey hold him up a few times (with supervision)
– plays with “Baby Bird” on his carrier and a red soft plastic chewy spider rattle upstairs
– likes to grab for things- food and plates on the table, pens, toys
-tears up paper
– wears a baseball hat when we go out driving around to keep the sun out of his eyes
– got a sunburn on his leg while mommy read Twilight on the shore of the lake during Labor Day